The student bursary fund aims to help and support students enrolled in BG6 to ensure that all students can fully participate in and benefit from the 16-19 curriculum provision.
16-19 Bursary Payments:
Batley Girls’ High School will allocate 16-19 Bursary payments for BG6 students in line with the following guidance:
- All applications must be submitted on a Batley Girls’ High School Application form, and include relevant supporting evidence.
- Applications will be assessed according to need, between categories:
- High needs: Eligible for full £ 1,200 bursary
- Category B: Families with low household income (below £ 17,000)
- Category C: Families with household income between £ 17,000 and £ 25,000 (we recognise that many of our students face financial barriers to continuing their education)
- Allocations for Category B will be significantly higher than Category C.
- Allocations are calculated comparing the total funds available to the total number of applications, taking into account the above.
- Payments will be made half-termly into a bank account in the name of the student.
- All payments are conditional on the student achieving the minimum 95% attendance levels required. Payments are reduced when these targets are not met.